Friday, July 2, 2010

Curves for weight loss?

I was at the bank the other day cashing a cheque and the bank teller happened to notice that my cheque had something to do with fitness. She asked me what I do, I told her I help people get fit and healthy. She told me she went to curves. I said oh, great, are you seeing results? She told me well no, but it's probably because of my eating. She asked me to help her, so I told her I'd send her some info and she gave me her email address. Another women I've counseled was attending Curves prior to our consultation. She told me she lost some weight in the beginning and has been at a plateau ever since. She told me that she goes to Curves for 30 minutes a few times a week, the buzzer goes off she goes to an exercise machine, the buzzer goes off again and then she switches. She then said they try to sell her supplements to guarantee the weight loss....hmmmmm. This lady wasn't putting down Curves she was just frustrated because she wasn't seeing a result. Ok, so I've just told you about a few examples out of many where women attending Curves did not see a fitness result. Does that mean you cannot obtain results attending Curves, certainly not. I'm sure their are many females who are happy at Curves but what I want to know is does it work? Does it brings results?



About Curves



Well, here's what I know about Curves. The founder of Curves, Gary Heavin, dropped out of pre-med and took on the challenge of operating a health club. After 5 years he had opened up 7 more health clubs but unfortunately, lost it all. He then decided to rebuild his business chain but applying his many lessons of success and learning from his failures. He came up with a 30-minute program that includes strength training, weight loss help and the support and help of other women in the community. Curves has been very successful in marketing and has opened some 9,000 locations with over a million members.



The Problem with Curves



I'm not here to badger Curves and by all means if it's working for you fantastic. I wish you all the best and continued success. I certainly have nothing derogatory to say about the franchise. The only thing I would like to point out is synergy. A concern for muscle, good nutrition and a moderate amount of aerobics, something that a previous member admitted to lacking and without synergy results are impossible. This could have been an isolated case and perhaps she had the right information and didn't do her part. Certainly one can gain results with a 30 minute workout. I have a 20 min workout that I have people do and see results. The secret is not in the location of the facility you attend the secret is synergy. Is Curves applying synergy? From what I've heard, I don't think so. Could Curves play a part in obtaining a fitness or health result, absolutely.



Conclusion



You can workout anywhere but the only thing that will bring you a permanent fitness result is synergy, the dynamic 3, if your current facility applies this exercise technology than you're very fortunate. If not, you need to find a facility that does. Only than will you have permanent results in health and fitness.



If you find I'm ignorant in anything that I've written by all means enlighten me, if you have a positive experience to share please contact and share it with me. I'm here to help the fitness community not badger or demean a possible weight loss or fitness solution.



Make it a great day!

Chris Walker

Kitchener's Weight Loss expert!

Chris Walker has helped thousands obtain " permanent weight loss, quick and easy everytime!" To download a free copy of "Why Can't I Lose Weight? How to lose 10 pounds in 30 days visit http://www.chriswalkersfitness.com/

No comments:

Who the hell is Chris Walker?

My photo
Chris Walker is the founder of Fitnesstrainingformenandwomen.com located in Kitchener, Ontario. Chris manages several certified trainers, (CFT) within his organization and actively works with medical doctors and health care professionals in helping their patients to reduce bodyfat restore musculoskeletal strength and gain control over their blood sugar readings, good and bad blood fats and blood pressure readings, among other critical fitness issues. Chris has helped people to get in shape for their wedding day as well as people battling severe obesity. Chris likes to focus on functional training and likes to incorporate his martial arts background into his programs. Chris is a firm believer of a strong mind and guarantees results for those who don't mind a little hard work. Chris is a member of International Sports Sciences Association, (ISSA) and Canfitpro Organization. Chris has made media appearances on Global Television, Rogers Daytime, The Record News Paper and is a published author of many health and fitness related articles and books.